Yoga Shelter is pleased to partner this giving season with Forgotten Harvest. Nearly 1 in 6 people and 1 in 4 children still face food insecurity in metro Detroit. This holiday season the Yoga Shelter community will come together to promote food security in metro Detroit. From December 1-30, as we nourish ourselves through yoga we will partner with Forgotten Harvest with special donations classes, new student specials, social media challenges, and existing student donation opportunities in honor of our current members.
Forgotten Harvest “rescued” over 41 million pounds of food last year by collecting surplus prepared and perishable food from over 800 locations, including grocery stores, restaurants, caterers, food distributors. This donated food, would otherwise go to waste, it is delivered free-of-charge to 280 emergency food providers.
Our Yoga Shelter community is proud to be a part of helping to nourish the community this season. Yoga Shelter will support Forgotten Harvest in the following ways:
● Look for Harvey at our studios. Post a photo with Harvey and the #sheltergives and Yoga Shelter will donate $1 to Forgotten Harvest
● New and existing students who take at least 10 monthly classes in December will have $10.00 donated to Forgotten Harvest in their honor.
● Each week we will host a donation class for Forgotten Harvest at our studio. All the drop-in proceeds will go to Forgotten Harvest. 5% of the sales proceeds before, during and after the donation class will be donated to Forgotten Harvest.
Check the donation class schedule:
- Saturday, December 5- Forgotton Harvest Donation Slow Flow Class with Suzanne in Royal Oak at 9AM
- Saturday, December 12- Forgotton Harvest Donation Slow Flow Class with Porchse in Birmingham at 11:15AM
- Sunday, December 13- Forgotton Harvest Donation Slow Flow Class with Elaine in West Bloomfield at 11:15AM